Sunday, November 10, 2013

After chemo blues

Hi everyone,
So as you all know I finished my chemotherapy a few months ago and this means I'm all done and everything is great in the world! Nope actually it's hard for me to say I'm a survivor and be super excited because my chemicals are still low from the chemo ass kicking that I got. The PTSD symptoms are coming around and I've never felt so low especially after an incredible victory like this one. What's wrong with me? This makes me feel like a bad person for being depressed after such a victory. I googled it to see if this is a common response and low and behold it sure is normal. I expected to get my energy back after a month but I could hardly get up and down my stairs or get to my car without feeling like I had just run a marathon with a babies heart in my chest. This really let's me know the fights not over. The fight to beat cancer comes in so many different demons and when you think you're done sometimes the battle is just beginning. When my body didn't bounce back after a month I asked my doctor just how long would it take for me to be able to go up my stairs without feeling like I was having a heart attack and he said it could go from either 6 months to a year or more. Great so what do I do now? I can only lay in bed and watch Netflix so that those tv shows take me into stories that bring my attention off of my out of control life.
I didn't write in my blog for so long because I was so low in my head and depressed. I didn't have the words to explain how bad it was but since my energy has been coming back little by little I am able to expressive best I can in this never ending recovery.
I started seeing a sleep doctor and a cancer therapist.

4 comments:

  1. Carina you are in my prayers I hope you check this site. My num is 7192179330. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's me Collin cool. Marquez elem. Please call me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's me Collin cool. Marquez elem. Please call me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carina you are in my prayers I hope you check this site. My num is 7192179330. Miss you

    ReplyDelete