Monday, February 27, 2012

Chemo week

Hi Everyone,
I am supposed to start Chemotherapy on Tuesday at 1:30pm at Dr. Fischer’s office in Santa Monica but, for some reason, I am having some complications with my egg extraction surgery with flu like symptoms and a fever of 101 so it might be postponed.  I went to Urgent Care in Malibu on Friday where they gave me a shot in my butt for the pain and took blood to test for an abdominal infection. My tests came back today saying there is some sort of infection and I would need to see someone soon.  My doctor who did my egg extraction surgery has been out of town for the whole week and is coming back tomorrow so I’m excited to see what he thinks is going on. It was very hard for me to even move my head let alone get out of bed Friday and Saturday. I have been feeling pretty sick but got to go out and see a couple of friends Saturday night which kept my mind off of things and I was on a ton of meds to make me feel just normal.  It hurts my stomach to get out of bed in the morning but thankfully I have some of my chemo meds early that help for nausea, pain, anxiety and constipation. I picked up 10 prescriptions on Friday with my dad after going to urgent care for the chemo. 

1.)Zofran 8mg
2.)Compazine 5mg
3.)Dexamethason 4mg
4.)Zovirax
5.)Compro 25mg
6.)Emla for when they access my Port
7.)Prevacid
8.)Ativan 0.5mg to be able to handle all of this shit :-)
9.)Colace - non prescription
10.)diflucan
11.)Percocet
12.)and Fergon non prescription

If they find that I feel better by Tuesday then we start chemo that day. 
They give me the Lupron, and the A/C part of the chemo first.  The Lupron is a very expensive shot I will have to give myself in the butt that my insurance doesn’t cover. It will throw me into early menopause by making my eggs dormant just so the chemo will have less likely change of killing my eggs.  I’m going to be a 65 year old woman in a 32 year old’s half normal half cut up and deformed boy looking body. Just kidding not really ;-)
The fertility surgery last week went well and I posted the photos and the video of my coming out of the surgery.  Ill post more photos I found.
Thanks everyone and I hope you are all doing well. 
There is a quote I say all the time that helps me get through this every day and that’s
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
 Oh yeah and we chopped my hair off last week and donated it to charity.  I really didn’t want to do it but that’s what they told me I had to do so losing my hair wont be so dramatic.
Okay I’m Signing off for tonight.  Love you all
Carina



No comments:

Post a Comment